Sunday, June 5, 2011

I MISS BEING AN ACTIVE STUDENT DRUMMER - PRELUDE TO UAAP SEASON 74

The Manong Squad / High Council Members (2003) From Left to Right: Third, Chippy, Dagz, Don, Me, Lester, Ryan and Michael
About the main photo: I posted my recent picture of me with them. (I think) I know it's not decent because I left most of the original members out of the picture. I am sorry guys! :D

It was 2003 of 1st Semester when I joined the FEU Pep Squad along with Anne. The only reason why we tried our luck in there was because of the jacket and an embroidered bag with the letters FEU on it (plus the free UAAP tickets). It's our "dapat malaki at malakas" voice that made us secure a slot for the final audition. It took us a fruitful two weeks to earn our way there.

The final audition came and we became an official member of the team. Most of my classmates are members of the FEU Cheering Squad kaya madalas magkakausap kami. It was I think, in June that my seatmate and friend, JP auditioned naman for a slot in FEU Drummer churva. He was overjoyed upon learning that the Dark Age* came to an end. That means a great opportunity and they will all start from scratch. Not literally, because Ryan and Michael was a part of the Pep Squad together with the Dark Age Drummers. I think 2002 pa sila member noon. Advantage na rin for both of them because they are familiar with the drum beats. I started to show interest in joining them but being a girl is a major disadvantage. Obviously, puro boys lang sila. But I was makulit and I keep on asking Rex if I can join them. Finally, because they are really in need of members, Ryan told JP to bring me for audition. Hahaha! Tumbling ako men!

From Left to Right: Ryan, RC, Don, James, Me, Michael, Ian, TJ, JP, Marc, Lawrence, Rex and Monsi (to the rest of the guys, sorry! Hindi ko friends sa FB kaya wala akong makuhang pics)

So there, punta ako sa quarters nila sa Arts Building, 6th floor, Men's locker room. (Oh yes, men's locker room! There are lotsa tututs out there!) Oh so happy, I got all of their approvals! I play both snare and bass and I was the first girl ever to join the FEU Drummer history.



Me, playing bass with Auds Parada










I gave up my chance of being with the yellers, because my heart really goes to playing drums with the rest of my friends. I miss them terribly and that sometimes, I refrain myself from visiting the gym because it gives me heartache. I missed a lot of vacations with them back in college. I see them everyday during classes and practices but the "craziest" social interaction as a member of the group wasn't there. If only I could turn back the hands of time. That's when I wrote this blog post in 2008. I was sad because that was the first time I had dinner with the group.

The Jologs-na-porma days with the rest of the High Council Members, Cheer Dance Competition, 2004

Batch picture for The Advocate. High Council and Hobbits, 2004 hahaha!







2005 Cheer Dance Competition






My first dinner with the group in 2008


I was behind the letter F, playing Shots. My favorite beat - 2010







Parang mukhang matagal na yung mga pics. I cross processed it, sorry! Malapit na ang July, and I will see them again with of course, the newest members.

My ever jologs videos are here: Youtube and Facebook

*Dark Age - previous members of the FEU Drummers allegedly boycotted a basketball game to protest about something. In which I will not dare to divulge. :)

No comments: