Monday, April 30, 2012

DIVE DONSOL: IN AN OPEN SEA

In ze open sea yeah!


.
The more you travel, the more you want to do something to protect the earth. I appreciate trees more, I appreciate the people who work hard to save and protect the natural habitat. Even if I missed the Whale Shark (Butanding) only by seconds, I felt happy knowing my new-found friends saw these gentle creatures up close. I realized that even I missed a lucky experience with nature, the happiness and excitement of my friends can bring me to tears.

That kind of happiness brought about by earth's wonder is overwhelming. But happiness from a rare encounter is... I don't know. I am sooo lost for words already.

That one shared moment along with other people in an open sea. That moment when our boats was rushing to join the others who happen to saw the Whale Sharks' shadow first. That moment when you want your friends to dive first. That moment when I dived and rolled under the boat and was trying to save my own neck. That moment when I swam up and saw one of my participants came back to reach and save me from drowning. The moment when Justin also missed the Whale Shark because he came back for me. The moment I said sorry because he missed the encounter and he said: "It's okay. I still have more time ahead and that my parents deserve to see the Whale Sharks more because they provided good education for us." That 21 year-old boy is an angel. Everything happened so fast!

You see friends, I don't just work for Travel Factor. I travel to meet people. To experience what nature has to offer. But what happened in the open sea, is a rare experience with a selfless individual. And I give out my sincere thank you to Travel Factor for such experiences and to WilJus Manrique for grabbing my hand.

Complete Donsol post to follow.. :)

No comments: