Wednesday, May 16, 2018

THIS IS IT!

I promised to post when I have time. Fast forward to December 2017 when I am at my busiest, I finally decided to update this blog. Yay! A few new updates, I am no longer part of the awesome SMDC Marketing Team for a year already. Has it been a year? Time flies so fast. Like yesterday was my last blog update and I almost forgot that I still have this cyberspace. Anyhoo, yeah. I resigned a year ago. Funny though, my last blog update says I began to feel that I actually existed, ladies and gentlemen!

I was excited because I get to do more and I got promoted! Yes, my first and would probably the last promotion I will ever have. This isn't a negative thing because honestly, I don't see myself climbing up the top management not becausoe I lack ambition. But I'd rather enjoy the simple life without the pain of dealing with stressful people. Believe me, I am no longer the grumpiest. I may have mood swings now and then, but nuts, I can control some of them already. I choose not to get angry over simple things. I can finally let go of things I know will make me angry and I am proud of it. I can handle difficult people now and probably some of them don't like me and I just don't care. I mean really, you are not being paid millions of pesos to care, right? And besides, like I said, life isn't about work. Yes, it feeds you. It can buy you things you like but life won't revolve around it. Sure, I spend about almost 10 hours a day in the office but that's how it is. Because you need to survive. You need to work to provide for your family.

I left SMDC with a heavy heart. Things aren't the same anymore but it happens to all of us. Una-unahan lang maexperience, parang ganun. I miss my friends. I miss my colleagues. I miss my funny team. Sure, there were times I want to throw a stapler at their faces, punch, shout at them and again, I realized now that, that's how it really is. Like when you're at home. You get angry and frustrated with your family. And it also happen in the workplace. I miss them. As of this writing, I still miss them. I haven't properly thanked these awesome people for teaching me valuable things in life as well as being in the design and events field. To my SMDC Marketing Team -- thank you! You've all been good to me even if I became the subject of your bullying. I know it's because I am the bunso and yeah, yeah I was cute and you all can't get enough of me. I get it. Thank you for pushing me to be the best that I can possibly be.

Sir Betsbo, Ms. Toni, Emil, Sir Ali, Migs and Allan
Tonight, I have this feeling that I want to let go of the past. I still find it hard but one step at a time. I am starting to sort all my stuff at home and filling this medium sized box of the things I want to get rid of and then I realized, i don't want to hold back anymore. I am a very sentimental person believe me. I try to find a reason to keep things (even people) but now, I don't think it matters anymore. I still keep my toys. I still keep most of them. But as you age, it's true that you'll choose the things you need and the experiences to keep you happy.

I prayed for this for the longest tiiiime my friend. I stay away from things and stories that will make me furious. I choose to stay away from Facebook as much as possible. It's that one thing that I've been praying for. That peace. I am probably about 30 to 40% at peace but it's better than no progress at all.

Enuf of the drama, friends. The past year has been rough and beautiful. I know it's going to be that way, 365 days. I'll end this year thanking the universe, God, for all these. I want to ask for two things next year: keep me alive and my loved ones safe.

No comments: