Tuesday, November 9, 2010

BIKING TO SAVE A PENNY AND TO SAVE THE EARTH! WEH! PALUSOT LANG...

I recently pushed myself into hobby-biking. It all started when I was trying to save a few pennies from my pocket, weh! Kulang budget!. I needed to go to Morayta for shirt printing stuff and yes, I kind of liked it. All the way from home to Morayta, vice versa. Since then, sabi ko, I want to continue doing this.

The day after that day, I made my way again to Morayta to pick up the shirt, riding my father’s precious black mountain bike. It’s really fun because aside from saving 14 pesos, I can get myself an inch-skinny after a day’s hard pedaling and stuffs. Hard to admit though that I double my calorie and cholesterol consumption up to times two. Hurrr, I don’t like that part. The good thing guys, (drum roll) I drink water now!

Maybe biking is something that I'd love to continue doing for the rest of my life. Not only that it'll make me a super Boracay-babe in seven months time, but it's something that'll keep me healthy and well, (blink-blink) fit.

Yesterday, November 08, I went biking again and this time I wanted to go to Intramuros to love that cobble stone road. From Tayuman to Abad Santos, (I went around town entering the smallest street possible) Binondo to Jones' Bridge and there.. There comes the story...

BIG BAD BICYCLE: THE CHAIN REACTION

Just after I asked a woman for a direction sa baba ng Jones' Bridge, something snapped from below! My goodness, it's the bike's chain: snapped-in-half! I can't believe it! With all my sweat running down my forehead, my smelly La Salle shirt's making me dizzy, my no-belt denim really going low, 50 pesos in my pocket, no phone, no bag with those crappy biking tools, no bottled water, no everything! Except high hopes and the looks plus the new hairdo, I went back up again at the bridge thinking what to do with the trusty mountain bike. Mind you, it's not about my weight okay?

I passed a security guard by the river and asked him if any chance, there's a nearby pagawaan ng bike sa area. He said, "Ay, doon sa may simbahan. Alam mo yun?" He checked my bike and seeing there's nothing he can do "Tanong mo doon sa mamang mataba diyan. Gala yun dito." I say my thanks and went on 10 steps forward to see a fat guy behind an owner type jeep. "Oo, doon sa may Quintin Paredes, diretsuhin mo lang. Ano ba ang nangyari?" Even if I do not answer any of their questions, seeing my bike made them say: "Ohhhhh, naputol?" I walked along the road passing people staring at my bike and I don't care with those "bakit-sya-naglalakad-ay-sira-pala-ang-bike-nya" looks. I felt happy anyway. My temper didn't show up e.

THE FILIPINO KUYA HERO

Habang naglalakad ako sa kahabaan ng hindi ko sigurado kung anong street, may guard na kumausap sa akin.

Kuya Guard: "Naputol?"

Me: "Opo e. May malapit po bang pagawaan ng bike dito?"

KG: "Meron, pero doon pa. Teka lang, tignan ko kung anong pwedeng gawin."

At doon na nagumpisa na kalikutin nya ang bisikleta ko. At the back of my mind sabi ko, I can't miss this. I have to write it down sa blog to commend the Filipino people for helping out a stranger in need specially to Kuya Guard and to Kuya Assistant. He's still wearing his uniform and didn't mind getting his hands greasy. He is just sooooo helpful. I hope people are like them. Doing things that doesn't need to ask for anything in return. I offered him a yosi. "Aayoko, babawasan mo pa ang haba ng buhay ko." are his exact words. "Salamat po ulit ng sobra!"

LA LA LA, BIKE PA...

My bike's okay and it started to rain. What a precious day. I love rain! Ang sarap sumingit sa mga sasakyan sa may Binondo. Nung nasa may M. Hizon ako, gosh nagsnap ulit ang chain! Buti na lang malapit na ako. Wala ng magsesave ng oras na yun e. Wala ng taong pwede kong tanungin. I guess they are busy with their lives at that time. I walked from M. Hizon hanggang dito sa bahay. Doble exercise. Walking and biking. Bongga! Paguwi ko tawa ako ng tawa. At ang sabi ng tatay ko: "Kawawa ka naman, e di pinagtitinginan ka?" sabi ko "Wala akong pakialam sa kanila. Hahahaha!"

I guess no biking tomorrow. Sira ang bike e. I am looking forward to me and my father's street journey on weekend. Hmmmm, Lord I think you are answering my prayer.. I can feel it.. Thanks! (Knuckle up!)

No comments: