Monday, November 1, 2010

REMEMBERING FINAL FANTASY AND OTHER GAMES I WAS HOOKED WHEN I WAS YOUNGER

I was a hard core gamer when I was in High School. We had that gray and shiny Playstation One at home, thousands of pirated PS1 CDs, a few originals (probably all of them are trial versions of newly released games from Japan) and three gray memory cards. I remember owning an original PS1 memory card. And I treasure it like it was a million dollar worth of an item.

These are the games I work my way up until the end: (And the most that occupied a lot of space from my memory card. Hindi po lahat ng games dito ay nag-occupy ng space sa memory card ko all at once. FYI, I believe that a memory card CAN contain 20 saved games only!)



  1. Final Fantasy VII
  2. Final Fantasy VIII - My most favorite of all the FF series I played
  3. Final Fantasy IX
  4. Resident Evil NEMESIS
  5. Resident Evil
  6. Gran Turismo
  7. Crash Bandicoot
  8. Tony Hawk Pro Skater
  9. Street Sk8r
  10. Heart of Darkness
  11. Tomb Raider I to III
  12. Abe of Odyssey or Ape of Odyssey, that I can't remember. :)
  13. Metal Gear Solid
There are still others that I can't remember. I will document them once maalala ko.
I remember spending a little of my baon to buy CDs, magazine that contain cheat codes, walkthrough, colorful magazines with all those beautiful pack of reviews. I spend more on well, playing sipa with my best guy bud and co-gamer, Sean Ralph Rivera. Sa kanya ako madalas makakopya ng files ng game if I find it hard to get around the town and search for materias, Guardian Forces, etc. Hahaha, I remember when I was playing FFVII, I accidentally found a way to slide down the Sector 7 Slums (hindi ko sigurado kung dyan nga) to obtain a yellow materia. And he wouldn't believe me! When I showed him where and how, oh his face! Sabay sabi: "pakopya nga!" and it was the proudest moment of my life as a Final Fantasy gamer and searcher. :D

When you play FF, you don't just run around town. You literally have to go through the corners of everything while continuously tapping the X or O button. There are ALWAYS hidden (good) items around, be it an extra potion, a rare materia or a rare playing card. Another way of possibly be the excellent gamer you are is to cheat. Yes. To cheat. It's either you enter a code by simultaneously pressing the L, R, Triangle, Square, O, X buttons (whichever came first) or by using the genius GameShark. I choose the gameshark. It's the easiest. I don't have to memorize the sequence of codes everytime I start a game. Hehe.

I miss playing RPG games. I miss equiping my characters with all the pamatay and leveled up skills they "recently" mastered. I miss burning my patience while taking an S license at Gran Turismo. I miss pimping up my car. It's probably the reason why I am a sucker at Wangan Midnight Tune 3DX+.. Oh.. Oo nga no!

Emo mode because I recently downloaded FFIX's OST.. I am currently listening to Frontier Village Dali. But my favorite is Crossing Those Hills. Yun ang music pag nasa labas ng world (map mode) si Zidane para pumunta sa ibang lugar. Nun ngang una kong narinig ito after 10 years, natatandaan ko pa ang tunog. I hum with it. :) ang sarap maging bata. Ang sarap ng walang responsibilidad. Hehehe. Yun pala yun e! Zidane was my favorite back then. Then, si Steiner. (from FFIX sila) My favorite naman sa FFVIII was Squall, Zack and Irvine. Sa FFVII syempre si Cloud at Aerith.





No comments: