Tuesday, March 29, 2011

THE RETRO STUFFS

I found myself smiling upon listening to the music hits from the 90s - My generation. I belong to the generation where jologs and gamols are famous compared to the ill-fated jejemons nowadays.

I was watching youtube earlier because I wanted to confirm if Spice Girls' Let Love Lead the Way has water-themed MTV as opposed to the ice-themed MTV I was thinking earlier last week. It turned out that my sister was right! A water-themed MTV! Oh no, my memory is failing now! The ice-based MTV is Goodbye, that I think was dedicated to Geri Halliwell after she left the group in 1998.

I was happy and sad at the same time because I am not as young as I was listening to Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys some 15 years ago. I felt happy and proud for growing up with this kind of music and, I miss Spice Girls soooo much! I don't know how the hell we went from something like this to what we have nowadays. It's gazillion percent better than the complete crap we have today. If only I could turn back the times where I can simply watch them followed by some pop boy bands, I'd be happy to sit comfortably at home and spend another eight hours just watching MTVs. They. Are. Better. Than. Lady. Gaga. FOR. GOODNESS. SAKE! And because I am really happy today, I downloaded their album plus Backstreet Boys plus A1 plus Westlife! I miss them.. Aww fuck, I am having another sad moment by listening to Let Love Lead the Way.. :( hahaha! I just miss being a kid. (I think they are Retro now. Boo hoo!)




When I was in high school, I also thought about me liking Spice Girls and BSB when I grow up. Because my father listens to classic Oh-Diana everyday. And I said, "shit, no it ain't happening!" because I don't want to immerse my self thinking that this pop bands will become retro at some point. Then, the modern alternative rock-acoustic and RNBs went up the charts and I kinda liked 'em. But listening to this again today, retro na sya! Fuck, retro na din ako?! Sila na lang, wag na lang ako! :D late bloomer na nga ako working with creatives, pati ba naman sa music? Shutanginamels!

Alam ko, darating ang point na ako naman ang lolokohin ng mga batang makakasama ko with my age against them. Karma! :D I promise to be good with my 30ish friends from now on, and will forever maintain my childish look na lang. All I can do now is to download their MTVs and store their albums in my iPod. I will forever keep them in my heart.


Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Victoria Adams Beckham, Melani Chisholm and Melanie Brown. I love you guys!

No comments: