Sunday, March 20, 2011

OODY'S BAR AND RESTAURANT + TIMEZONE

Again, I am not a food blogger. Rather I am a happy eater! : )


French wines, Italian coffee, noodles, salad, soup, rice with pork and garlic, mixed seafood, crab meat omelette, fried spaghetti with clams and chili paste and tempura. What's bringin' into your mind other than sweet and spicy Thai? A mouth-watering description.. Yum, yum! 


I skipped class last Saturday because I wasn't really in good condition. But that doesn't mean that I will skip a promise I made to my classmates. I went to Greenbelt with them plus a reliable guide map to Manila's amazing restaurants. 


Our first stop: Oody's Restaurant


At first, one would think that this place is a bar rather than a restaurant. With its cool colors and clean line interiors, it can't help but stand out from the other restaurants in Greenbelt. When you look from the outside, specially for people aiming for a low to middle budget dining experience, they probably would've say no to this place because it is yeah, a little intimidating. It's one of those classy restaurants in EDSA Shangri-La with a touch of shiny interiors. That's what's missing in HEAT at EDSA Shangri-La. Hahaha! 


Ced and Kim choosing from the wide selection of Oody's Menu.


This restaurant specializes in serving Southeast Asian cuisine. When visiting, try their Deep Fried Cat Fish with Green Mango. This pseudo-Vietnamese inspired salad is served at room temperature. If you are in the mood for something sour and savory, this is your dish. But for us, we wanted to try something new to our senses. We tried their best seller Sukhothai, the Mu Phat Kapi and Garlic Rice. I wasn't sure about Sukhothai because I am not a huge fan of chili and it was labelled very hot sa Menu. My gosh, and because we wanted so much adventure, we only had water in a four-inches green glass. While waiting, they served free chips and chili nuts which I found really appetizing! 


Free chips and nuts! Yipee! The chips tasted really good! You have to watch out for this. :)

Garlic Rice at 48php per serving. Madami talaga yung rice, so I suggest if you're just gonna try restaurant hoppin' you can share this with a friend. Then if you are really hungry and need to get a grub, then this is for you.

Their best seller Sukhothai at 213php. The soup is sweet but very hot. I mean, REALLY spicy. And because it is sweet, hindi mo mararamdaman sa unang tikim probably because the devil in this soup is killing your tastebud slowly but surely.

Mu Phat Kapi @ 188php. Salty and sweet. An excellent combination. It is a pork with green bell peppers and other vegetables. :)
I can see that Kim is really happy!
The restaurant offers a wide selection of noodles and dishes from a variety of Southeast Asian countries. This place is great for a quick lunch or a quick dinner. The service is efficient and the servers are knowledgeable and really friendly. The price is right, affordable and good value for money. We spent 181php each. 


Oody's Restaurant is located at Level 2, Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center Makati City.
Their contact number is (632) 757-4258.


Second Stop: Timezone, Greenbelt 3


When it is time for us to munch something sweet and cold (yes, ice cream!) medyo namili pa kami kung saan kami pwedeng kumain. But we ended up playing in Timezone.


Ced and Kim striked for a pose after reading the 65php yogurt ice cream menu.
Ced asked me if I can bring the DJ out of me with DJ Max Technika. Of course I can! 


Me, playing DJ Max Technika. I think it's Play the Future while Ced posed with a happy smile.

Holy crap, I can play it using only one hand? Nyahahaha!

Crap! I am losing it! And yes, I wasn't able to finish the 3rd song. Hahaha!
Ced's turn. He's pretty good at it. He was able to finish his turn with flying colors!
Now, we are ready to rock and roll!

I kicked his butt with my 97% of notes hit against his 18%. He's magaling sa DJ Max Technika e! :) Anyway, I looked so stupid here. 
I really had a fun night with them. Next Saturday, it's either we eat at Fely J's or just watch Kung Fu Panda.. :) I can't wait until next week!


Landmark. Getting out of Makati.

Kim looked so Japanese in her clothes. We made fun posing like Japanese kids at Aji Ichiban, Glorietta


Taft Avenue

No comments: