Wednesday, December 16, 2009

MANILA LENTE CLUB: ON THEIR WAY TO ANAWANGIN. WILL I EVER MAKE IT?

I recently joined this Manila based Photography club called the Manila Lente or Manilente. I've always wanted to join a club since I noticed that I am not taking photography seriously. I went out to shoot just for fun and never made it to its higher level. I'm insane! I spent like what? Thousand bucks to use it just like a normal digital camera? Anyway, I get to use my cam on several events with pay. And I am quite happy about it. The thoughts of using my camera as a living is possible. :)

Getting back, I recently joined the club to shoot out of town. I've always wanted to do this with friends. But I can't find one who'll be devotionally supportive of this idea. We'll be off to Anawangin, Zambales on January. I was shocked to see the items that the club would bring to this event.

FOR PERSONAL USE:
  • Bible / Notebook & Pen / Devotional Guides 
  • Backpack (Day Pack) Light Pack 
  • Food & Snacks 
  • Emergency Rations 
  • Drinking Water / Water Container (1.5L) 
  • Clothing & Underwear = Number of days + 1 (Standard) 
  • Survival Kit / Repair Kit / Multi-purpose Knife 
  • Flashlight / Head lamp / Extra Batteries 
  • Swim / Snorkeling gear 
  • Proper footwear / Sandals 
  • Sun sleeve / Arm warmer 
  • Hat / Cap 
  • Poncho / Rain Gear 
  • Blanket / Jacket / Sweat Shirt 
  • Sleeping Bag / Mat 
  • First Aid / Medicine Kit 
  • Dry / Waterproof Bag 
  • Mess Kit / Utensils 
  • Plastic / Trash Bags 
  • Watter Bottle / 1.5L 
  • Insect Repellant 
  • Sun Block 
  • Toothpaste & Toothbrush 
  • Alcohol 
  • Toiletries 
  • Dog Tag / Name Tag / Group or Personal ID 

GROUP ITEMS
  • Tent 
  • Ground Sheet 
  • Cook Stove & Fuel Refill (Butane Gas) 
  • Cookware / Cooking Tools 
  • Bolo / Shovel 

OPTIONAL ITEMS:
  • Camera / Tripod 
  • Hammock 
  • Kerosene / Electric Lantern / Tent Light 
  • Camp Chair 

After I read these, I said "Oh my God!!!!! Nooo way!" And I think you all have the idea that we're gonna camp and trek. And ride a boat! I'm not really maarte when I get dirt or what but my main problem is my respiratory system. I have a problem carrying things bigger than a watermelon. I have a problem walking under the sun because when I sweat and when I feel heat, I have the tendency to breakdown. If we're below 10 I think we'll commute and that's a hassle for me because of the problems I have mentioned above. I actually experienced to climb a mountain but that was when I am still in high school and I am still thin! Oh good Lord.

I don't want to spoil the fun. I'm up for the challenge. I never went out of town with a bunch of new people before. I am also up for adventure and new friends. I know one guy from them. He's Andropov Abad. He's friend of Aivy.

I never saw the beauty of nature through a lens before. Or even if I did, I never really get to appreciate it. I believe in higher power now. I went through a lot now, I see things way far too imaginable. I experienced a lot of things in the past that I want to see the sky and the sun blend into heavens. I wanna experience good things life has to offer me. I wanna wake up in the morning feeling happy that I am alive.

Now, who would like to come and experience God's grace with me?

No comments: